Of designs shown on the website Modus Maris houseboat, Respect River houseboat and Floating Café where created per customer requirements. In our opinion they are good samples of our style, way of thinking and quality. Now you can buy them as stock plans.
Buying stock plans or contracting us to design a boat to your requirements mean that you buy rights to build one boat. The designs remain the property of Modus Maris Ltd. If you would like to build more than one boat just buy rights to build next boat before you start.
Price per set of design documents as following:
from – to
|European Union||Stock plans and samples|
|9 m – 12 m
|5250 USD||5250 €|
|12 m – 15 m
40’ – 50’
|6000 USD||6000 €|
|15 m – 18 m
50’ – 60’
|6750 USD||4500 €|
|18 m – 21 m
60’ – 70’
|8250 USD||8250 €||Modus Maris houseboat
|21 m – 24 m
70’ – 80’
|9750 USD||9750 €||Respect River houseboat|
|24 m – 27 m
80’ – 90’
|11250 USD||11250 €|
|27 m – 30 m
90’ – 100’
|12750 USD||12750 €|
So, what scenario could be if you choose us to design your houseboat or party boat or another pontoon boat?
We are starting from studying your requirements: usage(1), sailing area, key dimensions (2), crew and passengers or guests, endurance, hulls and bridge-platform materials (3), propulsion (4), etc.
(1) Pontoon boats usage are family houseboats, charter houseboats, ferry boats, sightseeing boats, party / barbecue boats, work boats, fishing boats etc. Non-self-propelled pontoon boats can be used as floating homes, offices, catering establishments, retail outlets etc.
(2) Key dimensions are length, beam, draft, height over water for inland waters, etc.
(3) Floating part of our boats, so called platform-catamaran, could be constructed in aluminum or steel, or combination of both such as hulls made of steel and bridge-platform made of aluminum.
(4) Our boats could be equipped by normal diesel engines as well as hybrid engines, electric motors, outboards, etc.
When our design task is clear for us we offer a straightforward agreement to sign. Generally this agreement repeats articles we talk about here. Apart from design documents which we supply, our design service includes unlimited support during construction via emails.
The design documents which we will prepare are outboard profile, interior outline and arrangement, deck plan, hull structure, platform structure, scantling section, initial weight study, specification, engine and other equipment arrangement.
These could slightly vary and come out as:
(1) Specification – doc and pdf file
(2) AutoCAD drawings – 3D models of:
- Hull and platform
- Hull and platform construction
- Hull and platform construction half
- Hull – engine room
- Hull – forepeak
- Hull – frames
- Hull – fuel tank
- Hull – rudder, shaft and propeller if inboard engine
- Hull – skin
- Hull – skin half
- Outboard profile
- Platform and superstructure supports assembled
- Platform and superstructure supports assembled with walls and windows
- Upper platform
(3) AutoCAD drawings – 2D drawings of:
- Hull frames – construction
- Hull frames – position and dimensions
- Layout plan
- Layout – piping
- Layout – wiring diagram
- Engine and other equipment arrangement
(4) Weight study – excel and pdf file
(5) Image library in jpeg
(6) Drawings in pdf
Our job will be done in 2 phases. In phase 1 we will prepare an outboard profile draft showing how the boat appears from the outside and arrangement drawing draft showing the interior layout if any together with preliminary specification and will discuss until a plan suitable to you will arrived at. Then, in phase 2, we will prepare design documents listed above. Phase 2 could be completed in 1-2 month time.
Payment terms are as following. We would like to be paid in 3 installments. The first installment is 30% of the sum contracted and after receiving this initial payment we begin work on the project. After we complete the phase 1, we submit an invoice for the second installment which is also 30%. Upon completion of the project, we email image library and most of drawings in pdf and submit an invoice for the remaining amount of 40%. After receiving the final installment we email AutoCAD drawings and rest of drawings in pdf.
Please contact us by email, phone or Skype to buy stock plans or contract our service.